Conferences in the USA are ready for high-level discussions on business, education, engineering, medicine, and much more. This discussion aims to welcome academicians and professionals from national and international locations to share their points of view on various subjects. Active participation will help you gain confidence, build meaningful connections and explore new possibilities.
So, for all the information, register for conference alerts usa for booking, details on venues, schedules, and much more. However, to attend these events, you must be aware of some critical things. The article lists five things you must know before applying for a USA conference VISA.
Let’s have a look!
1. Procedure to get USA Conference VISA
Your VISA journey starts by narrowing down the conferences you’re interested in and all other necessary details. For example, there are trending topics in engineering, science, business, environment, education, etc., at the USA conference. Therefore, first of all, you must:
- Look for upcoming events in your field
- Narrow down the subjects you’re related to( You can be a student, researcher, professional, etc.)
- Then, you must look for the location, venue, timings, etc
After narrowing down all the information, you can attend conferences in USA 2023 with invitation letter. If you have an invitation letter, your journey to VISA becomes very straightforward.
After receiving the invitation letter, you can apply for the VISA; the process includes the following:
- Go to the official VISA website.
- Fill out the online application form, which includes Form DS-160
- Submit the non-refundable payment
- Now, print the form
- Attach required documents
- Schedules an interview with US Embassy
Attend the interview, produce all required documents and answer the details about your stay, purpose of visit, etc.
After complying with successful VISA formalities, you will receive your VISA.
2. What Type of VISA is Required to Attend an Academic Conference in USA?
There are different types of visas, and to attend an academic conference in the USA, you must apply for the B-1, which is a business visitor visa. The B category VISA is especially for non-immigrants issued by the Government of the USA to international people who are visiting the country temporarily.
So, a B-1 VISA is exclusively for people traveling to the country for business purposes. Therefore, this is an appropriate selection for attending the conference. Whereas the B-2 VISA is for people traveling the country for non-commercial reasons.
3. How Much Time it Takes to get B1 VISA for USA?
Getting the VISA takes at least a week or two from your interview. It all depends on how successful your VISA submission and interview were. If it all goes smoothly, you will get it in the shortest time possible. So, research the conferences, places, venues, and timings, and produce all the necessary documents so there is no scope for rejection. The B1 VISA is valid for six months, and you can explore many conferences and the country at this time.
4. How can I get Invitation Letter from USA?
An invitation letter is one of the most important steps to attending a conference. These invitation letters help the organizers to attain security and regulate the event. The process for receiving an invitation letter is discussed below.
Download the ‘Invitation Letter Request Form’ from the conference website and then:
- Fill the online application form
- Email the request letter to the concerned authorities
- State how you’re related to the field. ( It can be as a researcher, practitioner professional, part of organization or student)
After the registrars have reviewed your application, contact information, and necessary documents, you will pay the registration fees. Then, if they feel that your participation in the event is justified, you will receive an invitation letter. This will be your proof of travel and serve as one of the important documents in your journey.
5. What Documents are Needed for Invitation to USA?
You need to attach several documents for authentication and verification processes. Adequate knowledge of what is required will save time and avoid rejection. Some of the important documents are discussed here.
Documents for Receiving Invitation Letter
Some of the important documents the concerned authorities may ask are:
- Crisp and clear scans of passports, photos, and other required documents
- Accurate name, surname, address, and further contact details.
If you’re from an organization, you can mention
- The name of the organization
- The address of the office
- The country in which it is based
- Your designation
Documents Required for VISA
Here is the list of documents required for a VISA:
- Passport with at least six months validity.
- Clear and recent color passport-size photographs.
- Photocopy of passport.
- Online application form
- Conference invitation letter
- Proof of your Residential Address.
- Details about the stay, bookings, etc.
- Receipt of payment for VISA application
These are the top five things you must know before applying for a USA conference VISA. These humongous events are ready to discuss solutions, trends, and future developments in various sectors. So, attend this powerhouse of knowledge and exposure and start by getting all the details on bookings, venues, and schedules. Then, follow the guidelines mentioned above for a smooth journey to attend these incredible events.
2 thoughts on “5 Things you Must Know Before Applying for a US Conference VISA”
Thank you so much for the information
how much is the cost of getting the invitation letter? and what is the mode of payment?