Every research professional (carrying out either R&D activities for an organization, or undertaking research experiments in affiliation with a university or institution), and student (engaged in either undergraduate, postgraduate, or doctoral research), wishes for their research work to be published in a top scientific journal, such that their work becomes known to the global academic community. Many of these people, however, either completely overlook the fact that choosing the best and most apt journal for their research work is the only way for them to gain this widespread attention for their work or are unaware of how to find such a journal.
If you are one such person who wishes to enjoy a successful journal publication for your research findings, whether it be in top Scopus indexed journals or widely recognized Web of Science journals, you might want to continue reading to get to know about some crucial tips to bear in mind, before deciding upon the right journal for you to have your research paper or article, published in.
- Finding The Most Apt Journal For Your Research Work
The first factor to consider when pondering about which journal is the most appropriate one for you to have your research paper published in should always be the pertinence of the sort of research that a journal is generally known for publishing, to your own research work. For instance, if the research that you have performed is concerned with the area of Quantum Physics, then it is not only important that you have your research work published in a scientific journal recognized for publishing research studies from the branch of Physics, but specifically Quantum Physics. This is so that, all experts, discipline authorities, and industry professionals from all over the world, who also specialize specifically in Quantum Physics, may get wind of your research work, and recognize you for your excellent findings.
- Pay Attention To The Impact Factor Of The Journal
Most people fail to consider the impact factor of a journal. You might be wondering why this is important? Picking a high impact journal factor is absolutely integral to the potential reach that your research paper or article can have on audiences. If you would like for your research paper to reach as many professionals (academics, professors, educators, students, researchers, industry professionals, and others within your specialization or discipline) then paying attention to the impact factor of a journal, before deeming it appropriate for the publication of your research paper, is imperative. To evaluate the impact factor of a journal you might want to find out details such as –
- Countries that the journal reaches,
- Whether it has a well-established online presence,
- Whether the journal is an open-access or subscription-based journal (this is because open-access journals generally tend to have larger reader-bases than their subscription-based counterparts purely owing to the fact that access to the research articles and papers published within these journals is free-of-cost. Publication in such journals, however, comes at a cost, as the authors are required to make up for the lack of any subscription fees by paying authorship and publication fees), and
- Whether the journal is well-recognized within your specialization and your immediate academic community (to find out about these place inquiries with your university department or consult with domain specialists, experienced authors, researchers, etc).
Once you have determined all these factors, weigh the scores for each of the journals that you have performed this evaluation for, against each other. This will help you make an informed choice about which journal is the best one for your research work to be published.
- Determining What The Publication Process Followed By The Journal Is Like
Having a research paper published as quickly as possible is vital because as time goes by and the publication is delayed, the relevance of the research work as well as the significance of the findings thereof, grow less important. For a research paper to truly have the maximum impact on audiences, it has to be published as quickly as it can, which is why finding out if a journal’s publication process is lengthy and arduous is crucial.
Weighing All These Factors Against Each Other
After determining all of the above three factors for every prospective journal that you are interested in having your research published, you should weigh your options against each other and consider them carefully. For instance, a certain journal might have a high-impact factor but a very long publication process (due to which the publication of your research paper may get delayed), while another one might have a decent impact factor with a very quick publication process. This might it difficult to choose between the two. In such a case, think about your own research work as well as your discipline. If the research arena within your field is highly competitive (with new discoveries being made often), then you should consider choosing the journal that offers the quickest publication of your research paper.
Look To Internationalconferencealerts.com For More Tips, Advice & Access
Are you someone who has tried time and again to have a research paper published in a top journal but hasn’t been able to pass through the rigid manuscript submission processes (that require strict compliance with paper formatting guidelines and criteria), or has managed to get published in any one of the top UGC indexed journals but haven’t really witnessed any change in terms of recognition of your research work and your reputation as prominent research professional? Then, you might want to head over to internationalconferencealerts.com, where you will receive all the tips, suggestions, advice and guidance you need to have your research work, findings, and outcomes published in the form of a highly engaging and world-class research paper or article, in a globally renowned journal with a high-impact factor.
You will also receive all the support you need to –
- Choose a research topic of significance,
- Pick a quality indexed journal with an impeccably high impact factor,
- Plan, format and write a highly intriguing and engaging research paper,
- Cope with manuscript submission criteria and deadlines,
- Effectively deal with the review committee of the journal and the reviewing process,
- Make edits suggested by the review committee,
- Ensure that the paper is published on time, etc.