Are you planning to attend an international conference lately? If so, you will need a conference invitation letter to complete your visa formalities. Confused? Don’t be! This post will outline everything you need to know about a conference invitation letter. Let’s dive into the details!
What is an invitation letter to a conference?
Ideally, it is a formal document that states that you are eligible to attend a particular event. It confirms that your registration fee has been paid, and you are officially an event attendee. This letter offers you legitimate access to the discussion.
The conference invitation letter can be handwritten, printed, or digital. Many countries ask for this letter while processing the visa formalities of a person. Here are the components of an invitation letter:
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Email address
- Title / Position
- Date of birth
- Passport details like number and expiration date
- Contact numbers
- Country of citizenship
- Role at the event (Speaker, delegate, and participant)
Here are the common eligibility criteria for getting an invitation letter for the conference:
- You should have paid the full registration fee
- If it is a research event, you must be listed as an author of an abstract or paper
- You must have an organization or institution verified and valid email address. Most professional conferences do accept Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo addresses
- The registration letter should be in PDF format
Sample Invitation letter for International Conference
Here is a sample of the international conference invitation letter.
|Dear <Registrant’s Name>,
We are glad to extend a formal invitation to this year’s <conference name>, which is scheduled on <date>, <time>, at <venue>. This event will offer many professional and personal benefits as a highly awaited multi-day education and training conference. The event includes a multitude of subjects across <discipline name> gamut. It will enrich your knowledge and strengthen your professional network.
The event aims to improve your skills, enhance your competence, and polish your collaboration skills. Some of the most prominent and eminent speakers will head the event to address various current issues and find practical solutions.
Here is a list of the guaranteed benefits that you will get from attending this event:
As the event organizers, please consider attending this conference and make some serious efforts to make your presence count.
To learn more about our <event name>, visit <official website>. You can also reach us at:
<official contact numbers>
<social media pages>
<official contact details>
Conference Invitation Letter for Visa
For national security reasons, many international event organizers worldwide prefer to issue their attendees a conference visa invitation letter. It is done before they apply for visas to seek permission to travel to their countries.
The registrant can demonstrate a logical intent to travel to a country by obtaining this letter. Moreover, officers need this letter at the embassies in charge of confirming and issuing travel visas to the applicants. The crux is that the conference invitation letter for a visa is definitive proof of your “Intent for Travel.”
The format of this letter is more or less similar to the invitation letter for the conference. The only difference is that it comes with a statement saying that this letter can be used in visa formalities. In case you got a regular invitation letter for the conference, you can request the event organizers to convert it into a conference visa invitation letter.
Invitation Letter for Conference Participation
Here is the process of getting an invitation letter for conference participation:
- First of all, identify a reliable international conference platform. Pick the right event that will benefit you professionally and personally, and show your interest in attending it
- You should then check all the event details, like its subject, panel, time, date, and venue. You should also check if the event allows attendees to participate in the brainstorming session. Apart from this, also check the duration of the event
- Once done, the organizers will prompt you to pay the subscription or entry fee for the event
- Make an online payment from a reliable and secured bank account. Moreover, take a screenshot of the payment declaration and acknowledgment as proof for future proceedings
- Besides this, you will also need to share personal details that will make up for the components of the event invitation letter
- Upon receiving all the details plus the fee, the organizers will consider issuing an official invitation letter for the conference
- Lastly, enquire about the visa formalities of your country. You can also discuss some additional letter requirements from the organizers
Do I need an invitation letter for an international conference? The answer is yes! This document will be crucial in determining your presence at the event. Moreover, ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and complete the relevant formalities to have a hassle-free event experience.
Experts also recommend staying in touch with the conference organizers for any assistance. It will make the process easier and smoother for both of you.