Academic conferences are carnivals of learning. Academic conference contains various presentations. It is a meeting attended by various researchers mostly from academia. The attendees may be students, researchers, and professors, researchers from government or industry. The conferences are different in various fields.
The person who wishes to attend the academic conference will have to submit an abstract to the conference. The abstract is evaluated by some researchers and it is accepted then that person can present their paper or research work at the conference. One can present the paper with a short talk of about 10 to 30 minutes.
By attending the academic conference one would learn and improve the skills and knowledge in the field they are working. It will also help to keep in touch with the academic researchers all around the world.
First, it is important to note that different people will attend the conference and their ideas and goals will also be different.
Students who are attending a conference have several benefits:
- They would get different feedback on the research paper that is presented.
- They would discuss the ideas with other researchers.
- Conference alerts the students to get an opportunity to learn about other projects from their field.
- The conference would also help them in knowing more persons in their field.
Benefits For professors:
- The benefits would be similar to that for students but after working in the same research community, the focus would change from attending paper presentations to connecting with people.
- The researcher should not work alone to get a good benefit rather had to work with a group to get better results.
- Rather than attending the paper presentations, they can attend the conference and that would lead them have great opportunities and would also to have contact with other researchers.
Benefits For researchers from government and industry:
- Conference alerts the government and industry to get new methods developed in the academia and also they would recruit new members from academia and have the opportunity to meet various researchers by attending the academic conference.
Benefits of attending International Conferences:
Culture factor and socialization:
- Academic conferences will be attended by a wide range of people all over the world. Meeting many new people with different culture and dispositions will enlighten the thinking of the person in the field of study. They would also get one big offer and would also witness the different aspects and solutions for the same issues.
- The conference alerts the by benefitting person with no doubt publication. The Conference is a good way to have the paper indexed and published. It will create an opportunity to publish the research paper in any of the journals.
- The publishers will also attend the conference to showcase the latest publications. The new books will be introduced in the field and that will help in the research purpose.
- The conference will benefit the persons by making sure that they would meet the other persons with the same mindset, goals, etc. This will motivate and would help overcome fear and will help to achieve the dream.
- Academic conference will have a wide range of speakers and panels. Exploring the presentations and panels on different topics outside the research focus will be a good opportunity to increase the knowledge.
Improve communication and presentation skills:
- Communication and presentation are very important in the research or academia and conference alerts these skills.
- The conference will give an opportunity to meet the academic heroes those whose work is most inspiring and educational. Will have an opportunity to talk to them in person and it’s a perfect place and chance also.
Refine the ideas:
- Listening and participating in lively discussions at the academic conference will give new ideas and will help to refine the existing concepts. It will also give a chance to change the mind about a key issue in the field the person is working.
Academic conferences are a very important achievement to be a successful researcher. In the career of a researcher, it is necessary to collaborate with the other persons and as well as other projects, applying for grants, organizing the events, and other things. Hence, conference alerts the person attending the conference in all means right from presenting the paper, communication skills, knowing various research fields, persons, etc.